NYE at the Beach?!
Posted On Friday, December 11, 2015
NYE… Crystal Coast Style!
Go to the beach for New Years? Yes, it's a must! All along the Crystal Coast, there will be events for all ages and interests. Locals and guests alike
will be enjoying the excellent weather and celebrating with others while ringing in 2016!
The Crystal Coast Countdown is bigger than ever this year and with 20 events there is something fun for everyone. Throughout Emerald Isle, Beaufort, Morehead City, and Atlantic Beach you can join in on a beach bonfire set to live
music, watch a pirate walk the plank, enjoy the Crab Pot Drop at midnight, and be awe inspired by beautiful firework displays.
Below is a sample listing of all the fun!
Wednesday, December 30th
- Scavenger Hunt, 10 am, Emerald Isle Community Center
- NC State Port Tours, 11 am and 2 pm, see behind the scenes, RSVP required, free event.
- Ring in the New Year at Teacher’s Pet, 10:30 am-11:30 am make musical instruments, free.
- Community Painting, Blu Sail Gallery, 1 pm-3 pm and 6:30 pm-8:30 pm, paint a crab on a canvas or right your resolution for all to see, free or $15pp.
- Bonfire & Live Music at the Beach, Atlantic Beach Circle, 6 pm-8 pm, free.
Thursday, December 31st
- Fireworks, Music, & Shamrock Drop, Bogue Inlet Pier, 9 pm.
- Early Countdowns for the youngsters at Web Library and the History Place, 11 am-2 pm.
- Early Crab Pot Drop, Carteret Community Theater, 2 pm-4 pm.
- Party at the Park and Crab Pot Drop, Katheryn Davis Park, live music, fireworks, 9 pm-12:30 am.
- A Maritime New Year, 12pm-5pm, Maritime Museum.
- Historical Grounds and Double Decker Bus Tour, mid afternoon.
- Marshmallows and Resolutions, Waterfront, 6:30pm-8pm, live music and smores.
- Pirate Plunge, Waterfront, live music and private plunge at midnight
Friday, January 1st
- Fort Macon State Park, 10 am explore the beach with a ranger.
- Penguin Plunge, 1 pm, dip in the ocean for charity.
- Resolution Run 5K, Turner and Front Street.
- First Climb at Cape Lookout, take a tour of the lighthouse, reservations required.
There are so many details and different locations, please follow http://http://www.crystalcoastcountdown.com/ for exact details, times, and costs if applicable. We hope to see you at these events and of course if you need a place to stay don't hesitate to reach out!